Friday, March 13, 2009

Taking Fire

Taking Fire…

“To the left to the left” I shouted as the enemy advanced, trying as hard as they could to flank us. Me and two others, held our position, providing covering fire to the rest of the team. Eventually eliminating the enemy and halting their advance.

Saturday the 8th of March 2009. A weekend to be remembered. Full of fun, excitement, action and heroics. What have Maverick and I been up to this time? A day of paintball what else? Heartbreak Ridge in Blacktown was the location. A day of paintball is a team activity that anyone between the ages of 16 and 100 could enjoy.

I must say, if you only go out once in a while, paintball is defiantly the answer for you. Male or female, anyone can enjoy it if they relax, put the fear of being shot by a ball of paint travelling at “300 feet per second” behind them and get stuck into the game.

A 7:30am start is a little bit of a bummer, but for half a day of shooting your mates, running, yelling and having a good time; it is worth getting out of bed for I assure you. Cost? Well if you are like me, the cost of paint ball is about the same as the cost of a night on the turps. I would recommend spending around $200 for the day, which buys you ammo, food, equipment and hires the course. Group size to go with? As many people as you possibly can. The more people you know, the better.

It really is hard to fault a day of paintball. I guess it is a little disappointing if you’re on the loosing team all day, but that doesn’t mean that you won’t have fun. Just because you play with a few randoms doesn’t hinder the experience. As a matter of a fact, I would rate a day of paintball over any club that I have ever been to.

The experience, memories and photo’s that you get from the day, a far better than any that I have ever received from a club. I guess, instead of waking up in the morning with a hangover and a case of god knows what happened or what the hell is that, even who are you? You wake up with some bruises and welts that you show off to anyone and everyone that will listen, but at least you remember everything and have a good story to tell.

What more could I say? Probably not a lot, it is after all Monday and I am still loving the day that I had. If I had anything left to say it would be this, get some friends, make a day, save some money, go have fun killing each other.

Paintball is defiantly a 4/5 day, only thing that bring it down is the layout, out in the middle of nowhere, isn’t as pretty as a club on Darling Harbor.

By 'Goose'

No comments:

Post a Comment