Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Smells Like Teen Spirit: In the Summer Time

By ‘Goose’

So on Saturday the 7th of February, our mission kicked off with a bang. Maverick and I decided our first stop would be an establishment that has a solid reputation with Sydney siders. The ‘Glasshouse’ in Wollongong.

My first impression of the place was a good one, we didn’t wait in line to get in, a lot of young people, the floor was clean and the view was spectacular. First stop was the bar, pricing was as expected, $20 for two vodka and Red bulls, not a bad price, only problem was, we ordered one vodka and one Pure Blonde, but that’s ok, the bartender was amazingly attractive, funny thing was, they all were. Points there, I bet they get good tips.

The crowed was probably between 19 and 25 with a few Hens nights in the works. Ratio of guys to gals was probably around 50/50 which isn’t great, as a single male you want it to be 60/40 at least. For men, dress code was jeans and a t-shirt and could get away with shorts if need be. Women, the trend seemed to be dress…. This is always a good thing. The people all seemed friendly and in good spirits, no trouble or wankers about which for me adds to the scale. Lads, the women there were mostly very attractive and friendly. It was seemingly easy for me to get some type of “in” with a lot of the women, a simple smile worked wonders. Ladies, the men seemed to be very clean and not pushy with anything. Perhaps this is a great pick up spot, or maybe just a couples spot.

Music confused me a little. The dj couldn’t decide on old school, new age and even the style of music played. We heard a bit of everything, except I did notice the lack of trance and electro, so drugs aren’t essential if you are there. The added extra of a screen with the music film clips is a great idea and really did help give the joint character.

Cleanliness was amazing. I don’t think that I have ever been to a club where I didn’t feel like I was sticking to the floor. I give them top marks for that achievement right there.

Overall, I give the place four stars out of a possible five. To me it was hard to fault the place. Everything about it was done well and pulled off. If I had to fault the place, layout wasn’t great. In the winter months it would be hard to get a seat inside, which would hurt. Will I go back? Anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment